In my spare time, I’ve been practicing a lot of different digital painting techniques and lately I’ve been experimenting with some 3D processes to try and help my 2D work. Being MASSIVELY influenced by Maciej Kuciara’s work on Showtime, I wanted to take an existing character design I had and tackle it in a different approach.
It was a cool if slightly time consuming process, that created some interested results and pushed me way out of my comfort zone. But it’s definitely an approach I want to experiment with more in the future.
I also recorded the process, so hopefully you can learn from the many mistakes I made along the way :)
I hope you enjoy!